|Travel souvenirs...for everyone!|
Here are seven examples of unusual sources with unique Travel Souvenirs:
1. ART GALLERY - This may sound expensive, but you can find unique gifts or travel souvenirs at reasonable prices in art galleries. How about artisan-made earrings, a glass cheese plate with cheese server, a small original painting, or a hand-painted shell of incredible detail? (Explore Art on Asbury)
2. BOOK STORE - Book lovers of all ages would appreciate a book authored by a New Jersey author or about Ocean City or the Jersey Shore. In addition to fiction and nonfiction titles, you can select Ocean City calendars, puzzles, and games. (We suggest Sun Rose Words & Music on Asbury Avenue.)
3. FARMER'S MARKET - Yes, indeed, you could present grandmom with a basket of fresh produce from our weekly market, but there are options that are more travel-friendly. These include homemade applesauce, honey from local bees, delectable preserves, or a potted herb garden. Perhaps you could pair homemade biscotti with a hand-thrown pottery mug from the Scarborough Inn gift shop?
|Biscotti from the Farmer's Market|
5. WINERIES & BREWERIES - We not only have a Cape May County Wine Trail, but we also have two local breweries that opened recently. Any of these would be the source for a sip of the Jersey Shore to take home or gift to the friend who kept an eye on your home while you were on vacation.
6. HISTORICAL MUSEUM - Our local historical museum is a charming introduction to Ocean City and contains a variety of fascinating artifacts - from Grace Kelly's wedding dress to objects associated with the "Sindia" shipwreck (exhibits are subject to change). In addition, travel souvenirs like reproduction vintage sheet music (for "Ocean City I Love You") or a print of the "Sindia" sailing ship are available for purchase - and help support the museum, too! (located in the OC Community Center).
|"Sindia" exhibit (OC Historical Museum)|
Ocean City Magazine - great articles & wonderful illustrations (6 issues/ year)
edibleJERSEY - food & drink from the "Garden State" with recipes (5 issues/ year)
Carol & Gus, Innkeepers
an Ocean City NJ Bed and Breakfast